wesolych swiat
  •  
  •  
It is assumed that Bielawa name derives from the Slavic name of the stream (biela, bila – biała). First documented mention of Bielawa is from the year 1288 then a long-lasting dispute between the bishop of Wrocław Thomas II Zaremba, and the Duke of Wroclaw and Krakow Henry IV Right to clarify the relations between church and state finally ended. Giving way in the dispute, the prince drew up an act setting up a foundation at St. Cross Curch in Wroclaw, who also has given it, among others, 48 large feuds in the village Biela.

The event which inscribed Bielawa in the history books was brutally suppressed weavers rebellion in 1844, described by Nobel Prize winner Gerhart Hauptman. Bielawa development was closely linked to weaving. The origins of this industry in Bielawa date back to the eighteenth century, when the first manufactory was established.

The expansion of factories and accompanying construction industry in the nineteenth century resulted in a significant increase in the number of industrial population. As a result, in 1924 Bielawa was granted town rights.

After World War II Bielawa as well as the Lower Silesia was incorporated into Polish territory. On 23.06.1945 the first Polish mayor was appointed. Currently Bielawa is an independent municipality forming part of the county of Dzierżoniów.